- 2 tbsps. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 2 tbsps. sliced ginger
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 kg. pork liempo cut 2" thick
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Savor Adobo
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked peppercorn
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil, saute garlic, ginger and onion until limp. Stir in pork and cook let fry for 5 minutes or until pork changes in color.
- Pour in vinegar and bring to boil before stirring.
- Season with the next four ingredients, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add star anise and water, continue simmering for another 10 minutes or until pork is tender and sauce has reduced and turned light brown in color.
Carbohydrates (g): 2
Protein (g): 15
Fats (g): 22
Recipe & photo from http://www.nestle.com.ph